RD50-MCz Version 4
August 31, 2010
A revision of version 3 Printed Circuit Board for mounting three (3) Silicon Strip
detector and Hybrid electronics. The board is an octagon shape, double sided 0.0937" thick.
There are alignment holes, mounting holes and vacuum holes.
- The board has silk screening to aide aligning the sensor and hybrid for gluing.
- Solder mask under the devices provides an area where glue is applied.
- Holes under the sensors and hybrid are used with vacuum to hold the devices while
glue is setting.
- Conductive areas under the sensors make contact with the aluminum base using silver epoxy.
This will make-up the connection to the high voltage.
- Board Material will be FR4/G10, 0.0937" thick.
- Circuit traces are 1/2Oz. [0.7mils thick (0.018mm)] copper, gold plated
- Typical thickness of LPI solder mask is 1.5mils (0.04mm)
- Silk screening marks the corners of sensors and hybrid.
- There are current limiting resistors (1206 size) on the high voltage trace.
- There are locations (1812 size) on the high voltage trace for a filter capacitor.
- Holes are to be within a +/-0.01mm tolerance
- Board accommodates three(3) sensors 10x10mm
- General Board size 120 x 170 mm
- There are 8 alignment hole for 4mm dowels
- Hybrid has 6 chips with 128 channels/chip (768-channels)
- One glass pitch adapter will be used to connect each sensor to two preamps
- Leave 1mm between the hybrid and the sensor
- A 'moat' will be made around the edge of the sensor and the hybrid using a solder mask 2mm wide
this will allow space for gluing