The Filter Box is assembled in the following manner.
The finished box is completed using these sub-assemblies.
- Feedthrough Capacitor Strips
Printed Circuit Board
- The barrier strip feed-through capacitors are mounted to the PCB with a tin-plated
brass bracket. The bracket is mounted to the circuit board with 4-40 panhead screws. This
bracket not only provides mechanical support but also makes the low inductance electrical
connection between the capacitors and the shield.
- There is a mechanical bracket that near the four corners of the box for making mechanical
- Component Assembly
- Secondary Shield Assembly
- Feedthrough Capacitor Mounting Brackets
- Attachment Mounting Brackets
- The shield is the final piece of the Filter Box assembly. It is pressed onto the
RF shield fence and in between the barrier feed-throughs and the feedthrough capacitor mounting bracket.
Brass 8-32 panhead screws are then use to clamp the shield in place.
The finished Filter Box is attached to the Vicor supply top with four(4)
8-32 panhead screws. The completed Vicor and Filter Box assembly is then fastened
to the crate using mounting brackets with captured screws. Both Vicor and Filter Box are
held in place with these brackets.