The project is to fabricate a Printed Circuit Board for mounting a Silicon Strip
detector and Hybrid eletronics. The board is an octagon shape, single sided 0.093" thick.
There are alignment holes, mounting holes and vacuum holes.
- The board has silkscreening to aide aligning the sensor and hybrid for gluing.
- There is a soldermask area under the devices where glue is applied.
- Holes under the sensor and hybrid are used with vacuum to hold the devices while
glue is setting.
- Pads under the sensor make contact with the aluminum base using silver epoxy.
- Board Material G-10, 0.0625" thick.
- Circuit traces are gold plated 1/2Oz. copper, 0.7mils thick (0.018mm)
- Typical thickness of LPI soldermask is 1.5mils (0.04mm)
- Silkscreen marks the corners of sensor and hybrid.
- There is a current limiting resistor (1206 size) on the high voltage trace.
- Holes are to be within a +/-0.01mm tolerance
- Board accomidates two sensor type. 40x100mm and 43x41mm