RD50-MCZ Version 2
March 21, 2008
The project is to fabricate a Printed Circuit Board for mounting a Silicon Strip
detector and Hybrid electronics. The board is an octagon shape, single sided 0.0937" thick.
There are alignment holes, mounting holes and vacuum holes.
- The board has silk screening to aide aligning the sensor and hybrid for gluing.
- Solder mask under the devices provides an area where glue is applied.
- Holes under the sensor and hybrid are used with vacuum to hold the devices while
glue is setting.
- Pads under the sensor make contact with the aluminum base using silver epoxy.
- A hole is provided, under the sensor, for attaching a temperature sensor.
- Board Material G-10, 0.0937" thick.
- Circuit traces are gold plated 1/2Oz. copper, 0.7mils thick (0.018mm)
- Typical thickness of LPI solder mask is 1.5mils (0.04mm)
- Silk screening marks the corners of sensor and hybrid.
- There is a current limiting resistor (1206 size) on the high voltage trace.
- There is location (1206 size) on the high voltage trace for a filter capacitor.
- Holes are to be within a +/-0.01mm tolerance
- Board accommodates two sensor type. 40x100mm and 43x41mm
- General Board size 120 x 170 mm
- There are 4 alignment hole for 0.125" dowels
- Sensor has 640 Channels on a 60 micron pitch
- Hybrid has 6 chips with 128 channels/chip (768-channels)
- Align channel one of the hybrid with channel one of the sensor
- Shift hybrid 64 x 60um to match chan 1 - chan 1 (3.84mm)
- Leave 1mm between the hybrid and the sensor
- A new fanout section will be made to match the hybrid pitch to the sensor pitch
- A 'moat' will be made around the edge of the sensor and the hybrid using a solder mask 4mm wide
- Holes under the sensor and hybrid allow vacuum to assist holding the pieces down
during the gluing process.