I am a Fermilab post-doctoral Research Associate and LPC Fellow working on the CMS experiment at the LHC at CERN. My research interests include searches for supersymmetry and other new physics. Most recently I have focused on alternative models of supersymmetry that predict low missing transverse energy and searches for new physics in final states with leptons and hadronic jets.
Geneve 23, Switzerland
- Swiss cell phone: +41.76.727.7642 (best phone to reach me)
Please contact me for a copy of my most up to date CV.
- Search for new physics in events with leptons and jets, in progress.
- Improved search for new physics in events with photons and jets, in progress.
- Search for low-MET "stealth" supersymmetry in events with photons, many jets, and low missing transverse energy ,
Published in PLB [arXiv:1210.2052].
- Search for new physics in events with pairs of hadronic jets:
- Search for quark contact interactions in first 2010 data published in PRL [arXiv:1010.4439].
- Search for dijet resonances using dijet angular distributions in 2.2/fb [CMS-PAS-EXO-11-026].
- Snowmass 2013:
- Primary contributor to central background simulation for the Energy Frontier : New Particles working group. This effort is critical to the success of all studies in the New Particles working group.
- Studying sensitivity to supersymmetry at 14 TeV and 33 TeV.
- Co-convener Exotica Leptons+Jets Working Group (Jan 2012 - present)
Exo L+J is an active group comprising 15 active searches. We have recently produced 8 papers and
1 public document with 2011 data, and we have 6 new analyses in progress.
- Hcal Operations Coordinator (Jun 2011 - Mar 2012)
- CMS Run Field Manager (Fall 2011)
- Deputy Hcal Operations Coordinator (Jan - Jun 2011)
- Leader of Hcal Prompt Feedback Group (Aug 2010-2011)
- JetMET-for-Exotica Working Group Leader (2010-2011)
On the Web
A list of selected publications can be found in my CV. Please find the full list of my publications here on SPIRES
. Recent selected publications are below.
- Search for supersymmetry in events with photons and low missing transverse energy in pp collisions at &radic s = 7 TeV,
CMS Collaboration, arXiv:1210.2052, Submitted to Phys. Lett. B (2012).
- Search for new physics with the dijet angular ratio,
CMS Collaboration, CMS-PAS-EXO-11-026 (2012).
- Search for quark compositeness with the dijet centrality ratio in pp collisions at sqrt(s) = 7 TeV, CMS Collaboration,
Phys. Rev. Lett. 105, 262001 (2010); arXiv:1010.4439
- Single-particle response in the CMS calorimeters, CMS Collaboration, CMS-PAS-JME-10-008 (2010).
- Calorimetry Task Force Report, CMS Calo Task Force Collaboration, CERN-CMS-NOTE-2010-007 (2010).
- My doctoral dissertation on SLAC's document server.
Selected Talks, Seminars, and Outreach
- CMS, LHC, and the Higgs Boson
Outreach talk to 7th grade science class at Hawken School, Cleveland, OH.
- Search for supersymmetry in events with low missing transverse energy,
Seminar at Iowa State University, Ames, IA, Feb 2013.
Seminar at University of California, San Diego, Jan 2013.
Seminar at University of California, Santa Barbara, Jan 2013.
Seminar at University of California, Riverside, Jan 2013.
- Results from Exotica Searches at CMS,
USLUO 2012 : US LHC Users Organization Annual Meeting 2012, Fermilab, Batavia, IL, Oct 2012.
- Search for supersymmetry in events with photons and low missing transverse energy,
Seminar at University of Notre Dame, Southbend, IN, Oct 2012.
- Searches for New Physics in Events with Leptons+Jets at CMS,
ICHEP2012: 36th International Conference on High Energy Physics, July 2012, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
- Long-lived Particles and Other Exotics at CMS,
Implications of LHC results for TeV-scale physics, March 2012, CERN.
- Hcal Operations and Searches for New Physics in Dijets ,
United States Department of Energy site visit, 19 Oct 2011, CERN.
- Setting Limits on Dijet Signatures at CMS,
Characterization of New Physics at the LHC, Nov 2010, CERN.
- Search for New Physics in the Dijet Mass Spectrum and Dijet Ratio,
SUSY10 : 18th International Conference on Supersymmetry and Unification of Fundamental Interactions,
Aug 2010, Bonn, Germany.
- The Experimental Status of the CKM Angle Beta
CIPANP09 : 10th Conference on the Intersections of Particle and Nuclear Physics,
May 2009, San Diego, CA, USA.
- CP Violation in Hadronic Penguins at Babar,
ICHEP08 : XXXIV International Conference on High Energy Physics,
July 2008, Philadelphia, PA, USA.
Selected CMS Presentations, Posters, Etc.
(many require CERN nice login)
- Searches for low-MET "stealth SUSY" in photons and jets -- USCMS Weekly Meeting, 10 August, 2012.
- Hcal Readiness for 2012 Operation -- CMS Week Run Coordination Plenary Session, 3 March, 2012
- Hcal Operations and Performance in 2011 -- Collaboration Board Poster Session for 2011 Students & Postdocs Achievement Award, 28 Nov, 2011
- Hcal Operations in 2011 -- CMS Run Coordination Workshop, 3 Nov; Madrid, Spain
- Hcal Operations Report -- CMS Week Run Coordination Plenary, 29 June, 2011
- Jet Cleaning and Jet Counting -- Topology Workshop: Hadronical Final States - CMS Physics Week, 20 May, 2011
- New Physics in Dijets -- LPC Physics Forum, 14 Oct, 2010
- Early Physics with Jets -- USCMS Weekly Meeting, 30 July, 2010
- Dijet Centrality Ratio Approval Presentation -- ICHEP Approvals, 5 July 2010
- Calorimeter Pedestal Noise in Early Data -- Jet Algorithms Meeting, 4 Feb 10
- Calorimeter Response to High Energy Single Particles -- Single Particle Response Session, CMS Week Dec 09
- Calibration with Isolated Tracks -- Hcal Calibration Review, CMS Week Dec 09
- CMS/LHC Update -- FNAL All Experimenter's Meeting, 16 Nov 09
- Poster : Hcal Noise in CRAFT09 -- CMS Upgrade Workshop Poster Session, Oct 09
Selected Detector Notes