There were disturbing levels of activation during the last access into the
Booster. This has caused some worries, particularly in the RF group.
To initially address this problem, I've tried to identify problem areas,
and looked at their typical loss levels in order to arrive at some new limits.
I've used data from our standard Booster surveys, and selected the
All of these surveys had similar cooldown times, and I haven't applied any
cooldown correction. I've corrected all data to mR/hr@1f as follows:
- 8/28/03 - Just before MiniBooNE started running in earnest
- 4/10/03 and 4/29/03 - Corresponding to some of our best running
- 6/17/03 - Our most recent access
Below is shown the data for all points where the corrected reading is greater
than 100 mR/hr
- 1ft measurements - no correction.
- Contact measurements EXCEPT short straights - divide by 5.
- Contact measurements at short straights - divide by 2. This is
because the contact point is on the stand, not on the beampipe itself.