Mapping files for various configuration
These must be placed in "CMSSW_0_x_y/src" for the code to work (see the HOWTO for more details).
- mtcc_he_only.txt -- For HE+ME running before final recabling (first global runs)
- You will need a working area of CMSSW. You only need to make a working area
once. For example, if your login name was "fred":
- Next, copy all the files in the CMSSWPlotAll package to a
personal working area. This could be CMSSW_0_7_2/src or another
directory. Note that all mapping files and pedestal files should
be placed in CMSSW_0_7_2/src
- Now, you can edit the "reco_setup.rc" file to select the appropriate
map file for the data you are interested in, and to specify a pedestal
file or gains file if you have one to use. You may have to edit
runCMSSWReco.sh in certain cases (to change which samples are pulled from
the file, etc.)
- Before you do anything, you must go to "CMSSW_0_7_2/src" and run
- eval `scramv1 runtime -csh` [if you run tcsh or csh as shell, as daq does]
- eval `scramv1 runtime -sh` [if you run bash or zsh as shell]
- There are different scripts to reconstruct from HCALdaq files or
from centrally-produced CMSSSW files.
- To plot:
root .x PlotAll.C
Then, "Load POOL File" on the file you want. You can then make plots
from the menu.
Hint: Try the visual selector! You can double click on a cell to get a plot
of the values for that cell.
To Adjust Plotting
You can easily adjust the range and bins for the various flavors of histograms
by editing the "HistoManager.cc". All the bin counts and ranges
are defined at the top of this file.
For more information and support: E. Dahlman, A. Kubik, and J. Mans